I love what I do—helping people during what may be the best or the most difficult time of their lives. While every case and every day is different, nothing matches the feeling of knowing we achieved results.
J.D. is a co-founder and partner at the law firm of Hartung and Schroeder. He started the firm with friend and colleague, Brad Schroeder, after working in both boutique and large, multi-state firms. He saw first-hand that a small firm brings definite advantages to clients. Experienced in general litigation, he serves a wide range of clients including those seeking legal counsel for business, family law issues and personal injury.
J.D. works with entrepreneurs and family businesses on matters including corporate formation, contracts, disputes and employment matters.
His family law experience covers a wide range of family law cases involving divorce, asset distribution, child custody, and alimony. J.D. also provides mediation services.
Juris Doctor with Honors
Drake University Law School
Des Moines, Iowa
Bachelor’s of Arts in Business Management
Indianola High School
Professional Memberships and Honors
- Member, Iowa Bar Association
- Member, Polk County Bar Association
- Member, C. Edwin Moore Inn of Courts
- Admitted to Practice in State and Federal Courts
- Polk County Family Law Committee
Family and Community
- Married and Father of Four Children
- Founding Member of Greater Des Moines Business Exchange
- Former President of Greater Des Moines Business Exchange
- Member, Terrace Hill Commission from 1999-2009